do what you want, defy what you dont

Sunday, May 24, 2015

New Houston Youth

   

Maxo Kream x Maxo187 release date March 5th
Tyler the Creator x Cherry Bomb release date April 13th

I've been listening to Cherry Bomb for the past two days and finally realized why two parts of the album left me stumped.

Maxo Kream begins his song 1998 with a sample from "Shake your Booty" by Bunny Sigler.  Tyler the Creator begins his song Buffalo with the same sample.  I don't think it is a coincidence but evidence that Houston's youth is evolving because of the increased exposure the internet provides of other cultures.  My theory starts around 2011 when I was exposed to entirely new cultures, my good friend had already had me listening to Bastard and my brother had me hooked on Kid Cudi but things hadn't changed yet.  It was when I got my first iphone and suddenly the internet including social media was so accessible, I didn't have to be sitting on the computer in my living room to be consuming culture.   It was with the releases of projects like Goblin and Live Love A$AP that gave birth to the generation of followers to blind to realize how cool and unique everyone including themselves are.  The key to the theory is understanding the ability to take in so many cultures thanks to the internet is the reason for the unique creations and ambitions of the current youth. 

As Ian Connor got on AssPizza for.... pay homage.  So maybe Maxo Kream and Playboy Carti are more A$AP Rocky then Tyler the Creator but something has just been eating at me...... I can't describe it but it's such a FLEX, I see so many kids not even understanding what they are supporting and half of em are trying to get a pice of the acclaimed earnings.  Not only has following killed our ability to create and be ourselves its taken the validity out of supporting.

.... i would continue to explain a theory of how it came to be but who cares.  Just enjoy the fact that these two completely different artists are some how influenced by the same things.  If anything let it encourage you to be yourself and express nothing more or less.
For the record Maxo Kream chopped up the sample he used.....

OFWGKTA.... KREAM CLICC

Childish Gambino said it best "Because the Internet"
I believe in learning from Intellectual conversations hit me up if you got a theory or something.

if anything enjoy the music

follow Maxo Kream
download Maxo187

do what you want, defy what you don't






No comments:

Post a Comment