do what you want, defy what you dont

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Life is.... weird but you better go to college


Over the first eighteen years of my life the only thing about my future that was clear was attending college.
Adults I didn't even know would ask me like they deserved to know if I planned on going to college and then judge my entire life on my answer.  Not going to lie it felt pretty good saying yes and having a "positive" conversation on stuff I don't remember.
High School was a breeze, on paper I did everything I was supposed to... better then the other 900 kids I graduated with.  Nobody ever really worried about me, the school system had their handful trying to get hundreds of kids to be able to answer the college question the same way I did.
I graduated and signed my future away to the school that offered me the most money.
I'm not going to go into specifics but I HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT.  Well that is a lie, I have met a small amount of people that have earned my love and respect because they... are individuals.

These are supposed to be the best years of my life but I have never been so miserable.   I don't know what I did wrong.... 

Don't fall into the "trap" do what it is you want to do and never lose sight of the vision that drives your unique being.  
keep doing you the world needs you

@kikegiraffe 



No comments:

Post a Comment