do what you want, defy what you dont

Monday, April 27, 2015

Jordan Bratton - Prisoner ft Chance the Rapper


Listened to this track after finishing my second class of this so far ordinary monday... glad I did.
Jordan speaks on a theory that females of this generation, if not just the specific girl he is referencing, are prisoners without a cage.  It's a progression that starts with her "sniffing and drinking, changing" who she is because she lives a life not led by faith in God.  I think it is a reference to the peer pressure most kids of this generation fall victim to, due to increased exposure to all the flexing on social media.  It got me thinking on how this era can be considered very similar to the Gilded age because while on the outside everything seems golden the reality is much different.
I had never heard of Jordan Bratton before this track but I do believe he did what you hope any artist would do in a song.  Don't take my word on it though, listen to it below and form yourself an opinion on your own.
"No, riches don't make a happy home"


Chance the Rappers verse is quite similar to the one on Action Bronsons Baby Blue.
I say this because of its placement and my opinion that he simply delivers.
"Just an amateur trying mature, grew up so fast that she never grew up, got to move somewhere new just cause its newer."

Jordan Bratton is releasing an EP entitles Youth on May 12th.
follow them on twitter

@kikegiraffe

do what you want, defy what you don't

No comments:

Post a Comment