do what you want, defy what you dont

Thursday, April 30, 2015

The Who


So these guys, The Who, came through Houston today.  If you don't know who they are you're a simple google search away from tons of biographies that'll teach you they were awarded the  Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award in 2001.


Being the "chosen one" I went with my dad who was stoked to see them perform... we went to a bar called Flying Saucer before hand, I lost count of all the adult hipsters that went in pregaming for the concert.  When the bar began playing songs from The Who minutes before we departed for the arena I realized I was in for a treat. 
Don't misinterpret me they rocked hard for being nearly 70 years old and deserve nothing but respect.... it was like their 50 year anniversary tour, RIDICULOUS.  Really I think they are a lot like the anti-culture of today, they are just a few decades worth of generations behind us.  They weren't 15 with an Iphone but they were breaking down barriers by being themselves and defying the normed society....in England though.
Well here a couple of their songs I think are worth Listening especially eminence front.

Behind Blue Eyes <------ FIRE


This is Joan Jett

watch this video and tell me she doesn't remind you of Miley Cyrus.... she opened for The Who



@kikegiraffe

Do what you want, Defy what you don't





No comments:

Post a Comment