do what you want, defy what you dont

Friday, June 19, 2015

JOYNER LUCAS - ROSS CAPICCHIONI


Okay so a homie of mine just recent hit me up and told me to go look up somebody named Joyner Lucas and search one of his music videos for a song called "Ross Capicchioni". I know my boy don't listen to any booboo music so I already knew that it was gonna be something that caught my eye (or ear). So I search it and it turned out to be one of the most genius songs/music videos I've ever heard/seen. I'm not gonna spoil the song's content nor the visuals of the music video, but it will blow your mind when you see and hear it. 


This was my first time ever hearing anything by this cat, but just based of this song, he has a style very similar to Kendrick Lamar. His storytelling ability combined with the use of perfect, internal and external rhymes as well as enjambment made me think Kendrick within the first 30 seconds of the song. I am not, in any way, implying that he's biting or anything. So anyway, shoutout to my homie, Johnny, for showing me this; I'm gonna have to look up more songs by him to get a better feel for his style. I recommend that everybody go watch this music video.

LINK BELOW:

------------> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO_v2sXm-f4 <------------


@nubeemac3


do what you want, defy what you don't

No comments:

Post a Comment