do what you want, defy what you dont

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

when Ian Connor comes to your city


             
Big shout out to the fam over at Modern Life Mag
The homie Flocko La Wave runs it, check it out
This is what happens when Ian Connor comes to your city....
Day 1
the first day started off with one simple flier tweeted out by Ian

so we start at the venue, East Down Warehouse... the only venue in Houston allowing artists like Carti and Maxo to perform for their audience by providing a location suitable to house this young anti culture.
Playboy Carti was headlining but there were rumors of Maxo Kream making an appearance until news broke that he was in..... trouble.
Lil Family of Kream did make an appearance.... SOLD OUT
Playboi Carti walked to the stage and it seemed as if everyone was beyond anxious to see what was going to happen next..... the stage had cleared which was odd for a show as such but the stage was set for what I think was the first headlining show of Carti's career.
Of course the dweebs that pull out their phones went into their recording trance but the show was happening people were bobbing their heads and yelling the lyrics they knew
...HERES WHERE THINGS GET INTERESTING...
The entire first half of the show Ian Connor was locked in on Carti and his every move, at one point Ian even pulled Carti aside and obviously critiqued whatever it was Ian had not liked..... I interpreted it as him just learning from the show but I was wrong!
... after the show I walked out the side exit to avoid the crowd intently following Ian to end up running into him.
I pointed out that I could tell he was focused and learning from what it was Carti was doing... he replied "Learning? I know everything, I've been on 8 tours.  I'm just trying to teach my lil nigga" it was then that I decided to remember he had spent the entire last summer on tour with wiz and his brothers happen to be A$AP MOB.
It was then that I realized I didn't just watch an aspiring new artist but something far more revolutionary and new.  


Day 2
i wasn't going to do shit with my day until I saw this tweet the afternoon after the concert
The boutique, Shalon & Rogers, is merchandised by Ian and located in the infamous SWAT.
I had the opportunity to attend the soft opening of the store were I pretty much just got to kick it with Maxo, Carti, and DA$H and really anyone else in Houston with any culture in their body.
This event was similar except double the people and add about 40 lames on a mission to get their next IG pic.
Off top it was a "party" so I attended pretty far from sober and only distanced myself from sobriety during the time I was there.  Really did think it was a cool atmosphere, at its prime it wasn't a party but a simple network of people that all share the same interests.
I don't know if Ian Connor put on the event to direct attention to the store..... or to give the youth that support him the opportunity to meet, work together and further build the culture.
I know I have personally met some good like minded friends and can already see the culture building beyond its original boundaries; if there were ever any to begin with. 

no light taken from the musician here though Playboi Carti


CHECK OUT THIS MINUTE LONG RECAP VIDEO I MADE OF BOTH DAYS!
                             I just left Houston, I just left Earth

@kikegiraffe

do what you want, defy what you don't









No comments:

Post a Comment